WATER MARBLING TUTORIAL:
1) Fill a cup or glass with water, almost to the lip -90% full. Add the colours of your choice by placing each drop gently onto the surface of the water. Nail polish is an important element in marbling.
The nail polish should be of good quality and of a liquid even consistency. Poorer quality polish of inconsistent texture will not result in the desired effect.
2) Use a pin or toothpick, dragging it from one edge to the other to create the desired look. Experiment, have fun!
3) Insert the nail or tip into the water.
4) Remove the excess nail polish while the tip is submerged. This is key to the success of this type of marbling.
5) Once the rough edges have been cleaned remove the tip from the water.
FOR THE NATURAL NAIL-Remove any excess polish from the surrounding skin using a cotton bud dipped in nail polish remover.
6) Apply a top coat.
FOR THE NATURAL NAIL-Apply a top coat, wash the hand, then apply an essential oil moisturizer to the skin to prevent drying.
*Another thing I can add is avoid quick drying nail polish and while it is best to be in a well ventilated area when working with nail polish, a windy environment will cause the nail polish to dry too quickly. Experiment with your work environment to find the optimum spot.
- everwettt likes this
- negibear likes this
- arcady-meltdown likes this
- untitled72505 reblogged this from okaykayla
- boomchicaboomboomboomboom likes this
- thatswhatkcsaid likes this
- sunsets-and-silhouette-dreams likes this
- alyssamaariee likes this
- the-middleof-nowhere likes this
- lowelynecadiz likes this
- myphungvien likes this
- wildflower09 reblogged this from okaykayla
- kylafbaaaby likes this
- lilbenedicto likes this
- deborahjulia likes this
- justmichellee likes this
- trinityynguyenn likes this
- yourmichelle likes this
- dopeitschris likes this
- jenneezy reblogged this from thai-ney
- inspirethesehoesxo reblogged this from okaykayla
- captaain-g reblogged this from thai-ney
- captaain-g likes this
- tabemonoo likes this
- thai-ney reblogged this from okaykayla
- seashellsprinkl3z likes this
- okaykayla posted this